Friday, February 29, 2008

Superman: Doomsday (2007)



The Good:
I love the Bruce Timm universe (or Timverse as some call it) in general.
It was much more adult than I was expecting, more adult than any animated Superman I have ever seen.
The Superman/Doomsday fight was sweet.
The story was focused heavily on Luthor and Lois Lane.
Well directed and scripted, with drama, cool "shots" and neat effects.
Had some of the iconic moments from the comic version, not a whole lot, but enough.

The Bad:
Clancy Brown will always be the voice of the animated Lex Luthor to me, but in James Marsters defense, he wasn't terrible.
It was just a little short... I would have liked to see about 10 or 15 minutes devoted to Lex.

Overall: After the Timmverse-ish Superman: Brainiac Attacks, I was nervous about another straight to DVD animated feature, but this one is soooooo much better. It delivers on so many levels. Very cool.

No comments: