Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Cloverfield (2008)



The Good:
Excellent concept that was executed extremely well.
The fast-paced movement of the movie was believable and tense.
Borrowed a lot of basic concepts from earlier Romero films, Godzilla movies and from The Blair Witch Project and combined them together amazingly.
The characters seemed real.
Neat editing.
Great special effects.
Expert storytelling.

The Bad:
Some of the wounds in the film would have been a lot more grievous than were played out.
I didn't see it in the theater.

Overall: Wow. Great flick! It is what Diary of the Dead wished it was. A must-see movie! I will say no more. Watch it (on the big screen if you get a chance)!

1 comment:

Frayed One said...

This movie made me physically ill. Not because it was bad, just the actual filming and the person who kept yelling the same person's name over and over and over again for pretty much the entire film (I've honestly blocked it out I think) made my head hurt and my stomach turn. I have not left a movie theatre so completely ill specifically because of a film since the carpet scene in Fear and Loathing.