Monday, December 1, 2008

Twilight (2008)

Twilight

The Good:

There was a few minutes of action that was directed/edited decently.
I liked the acting of the guy who played Carlisile and the girl who played Alice, and I thought that the film could have used a little more screen time for the guy playing Jacob.
Pretty good soundtrack.

The Bad:
The narration was completely unnecessary, most of it was portrayed in the acting and did not need to be spoon-fed to me.
The pacing - super slow.
I know it is drama, but I could have used a little more action.
The main vampire Edward, his acting was dead... pun intended.
I didn't really care for the main character Bella, her motivations seemed vague.
Vampire in the daylight...and they do what in the sun? Give me a break! A classic creature of folklore was just completely rewritten, which I am ok with, as long as it is done well - it wasn't.

Overall: Maybe it is because I haven't read the novel. Maybe it is because I have been watching True Blood and loving it. Maybe it is because it is written for teenaged girls. Maybe I am too much a fan of the horror genre. Maybe... I didn't like the film.



On a funny/weird/stupid side note if you've seen the film or read the book: I woke up this morning laughing, saying, "And so the bacon fell in love with the ham."

1 comment:

Frayed One said...

The guy who played Edward is, to me, similar to Keanu - might as well not even be there honestly. I think they could have had a cardboard cutout there with those horribly animated lips of another person moving to make him speak and it would have been equally effective. I also don't get why all the tweens and even some women who should honestly know better find him attractive. His face is mismatched, one of his eyes is whonky and he could use a comb and a good bath. What's attractive about that?