Saturday, February 10, 2018

The Ritual (Netflix Original 2017)




If you do a gender swap, and settings transplant, and change the basic plot of Descent, then add in a dash of The Wicker Man, give a splash of Predator, and top it off with The Blair Witch Project, then you would have The Ritual. I liked this one. I would call this film overall "pretty decent." The acting was believable. The directing was quite good. And the script was not too shabby - I am not going to ruin the plot, I recommend not even watching the trailer. Don't expect a Citizen Kane, but it is no Feeling Minnesota. Heck, I would go as far as recommending it if the initial description caught your fancy.
Netflix, your track record is just good enough to keep me watching.
***Warning, I found the begininning particularly brutal.***

No comments: