Monday, May 26, 2008

Iron Man (2008)



The Good:
First of all, I thought they really did the character of Tony Stark/Ironman justice.
The updated origin was great as was the look and feel of both Stark Industries and the armor.
Great theme.
Very much a character peice. The plot was propelled by the evolution of Tony Stark and the changes taking place in him.
The CG was perfect.
Bits of humor and just the right amount of Stark hubris.
The little nods to fans were awesome, from Rhodes to the "Ten Rings", I just kept smiling.

The Bad:
Some of it was predictable - way predictable.
Every time I saw Jeff Bridges I thought, "I'll take a White Russian." Must have been the facial hair.

Overall: A great comic book movie, on par with X-men or Spider-Man. Heck, a great movie in general. Two thumbs way up. I might see it again in the theater.

1 comment:

Frayed One said...

You know how I feel about the sacredness of Comic Book to Movie Superheroes/Supervillains.

That having been said, I am very much looking forward to seeing this one. I think RDJ was fantastically cast in this role and I can't wait to see him pull it off.

I think he'll be the perfect Tony Stark.