Monday, May 26, 2008

Sunshine (2007)



The Good:
It does an amazing job of making the setting seem real.
The film ask a number of interesting moral questions.
The special effects were awesome.
The odd spiritual, mystic almost, side of the film very much appealed to me.
I loved the score.

The Bad:
A few of the scenes were lifted straight out of other movies.
The last quarter of the film took an odd direction.
The acting ranged from pretty darn good to not-so-darn-good.
Some of the science was... strange.

Overall: I really enjoyed the movie. It was a good motion picture, I wish I could have seen it on the big screen. It reminds me of 2001: A Space Odyssey in many ways and takes a few cues from Solaris. A good space drama.

1 comment:

Frayed One said...

I'm so glad you had some positives about this one. I've been dying to see it for awhile - just haven't gotten around to it.

I enjoy Cillian Murphy and remember reading an interview with him while he was filming this. He actually declined a cameo in 28 Weeks Later to make this movie (which I think was a very good call on his part, btw).