Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Religulous (2008)


"If you belonged to a political party or a social club that was tied to as much bigotry, misogyny, homophobia, violence, and sheer ignorance as religion is, you'd resign in protest."

"Religion is dangerous because it allows human beings who don't have all the answers to think that they do."

"The only appropriate attitude for man to have about the big questions is not the arrogant certitude that is the hallmark of religion, but doubt. Doubt is humble, and that's what man needs to be considering that human history is just a litany of getting shit dead wrong."

This film is beautiful. Great soundtrack. Funny, thought-provoking, and a pleasure to watch. Thank you Bill Maher, for saying what all the rational people of the world think.

1 comment:

Frayed One said...

I was very pleased with this film. I was afraid it would turn out to be something offensive just for the sake of being offensive and offering only one limited viewpoint. Though I myself am no fan of Organized Religion and tend to think it is the root of most of the world's problems, I think the right to believe freely lies with the individual and that is not something I want to take away or insult. Bill did not let me down, and I was proud of him for it.