Saturday, January 20, 2018

Black Lightning (2018) - CW TV - Episode One



Black Lightning... 


So, I am a big fan of The Flash, and I like Legends of Tomorrow. And when I heard that the CW was going to be airing the new series Black Lightning, I thought, "Cool, another superhero show for the Arrowverse." I thought it would be similar in timbre and tone, and was lukewarm excited about it, but still was willing to give it a try.


Let me tell you, I was so wrong. This show was amazing. The first episode just floored me. The acting was really strong. The plot was gripping. The directing was great. Everything came together with perfect pacing and sets a great scene with music and the venues. This caliber of show I would except on Netflix or AMC, but not CW. Don't get me wrong, I love The Flash, I do, but this is just on another level. I can't say if the rest of the series will be as good as the first episode, but wow. I was cheering for the main character in a way I haven't since the first season of Daredevil. 

Really excited to watch some more! I highly recommend it. 9 lightning bolts out of 10.

No comments: