Monday, January 8, 2018

Rough Night (2017)




The Good:
  • I did laugh a few times during the movie. Ilana Glazer was really the standout in this regard. She probably has the best comic timing in the whole cast. The rest were fine, but just fine.
  • There is eye candy for whatever you tastes are. Hunky males, attractive females... whatever you want.

The Bad:
  • The characters were paper-thin, even for a comedy. I felt little to no emotional connection with any of them. A few minutes of the women in college, then a few short scenes of their personal lives, does not make me have emotional attachments to any of them.
  • The plot was like mix between Bridesmaids and the Hangover, but not as interesting as either.
  • Not as funny as you want it to be.

Overall: I have little to write about this feature. It was ok for a mindless watch, but I do recommend multi-tasking during it, so you don't feel like you wasted your time. I really liked a lot of the actors in this movie, but it just fell really short for me. Just barely 4 drinks toward the 10 possible. 

No comments: