Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Jekyll (TV - 2007)



I just watched the first season (six episodes) of Jekyll and I just wanted to say, it's awesome. Find it. Watch it. Beautifully directed and written, fantastic acting, amazing use of theme and elements of dichotomy... I was hooked. Horror, humor, philosophical questions and scientific speculation, the series is full of it all. Wow... I mean... wow. I can't wait until next season (although the very very very end was a little predictable, but what are you going to do when you have to come back next season?), although I'm worried it wouldn't be able to live up to the first season's greatness.

Keep in mind: "The series is described by its creators as a sequel to the novella Strange Case of Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde, rather than an adaptation of it, and the Robert Louis Stevenson tale is used within the series as a backstory." - Wikipedia entry for Jekyll

No comments: