Monday, August 20, 2007

The Reaping (2007)


The Reaping

The Good:
The acting was alright in this feature, Hilary Swank is a decent actress.
The effects on the plagues were well done.
The plot had some interesting twists to it.
It was, for the mos part, a fascinating science versus superstition theme, or perhaps apostasy versus religion.
The progression on the story moved along with good pacing.

The Bad:
They actually went extra-biblical on a few parts.
The story reminded me of a few other films in this genre, I won't mention which ones, as that might give away parts of the plot.
There were some parts that were predictable.

Overall: Not nearly as bad as I was expecting. I seem to remember this fim getting panned, it's not that bad. I have a feeling that if it were made 20 years ago it would be a cult classic. I say give it a shot, it's above average for this type of film.

No comments: