Friday, August 10, 2007

The Last Man on Earth (1964)


The Last Man on Earth

So I was bored and flipping throuogh the channels earlier and I stumbled upon Vincent Price in a movie on TCM. It has been a good while since I have seen any "classic" films, so I decided to give this one a shot.

The Good:
Vincent Price is awesome. I felt the pain and loneliness of Dr.Robert Morgan in the movie.
It's a great story arc, I thought the plot was very well put together and thought-through.
There were some neat twists in it that I didn't see coming and I loved the ending.
A lot of subtle science versus superstition themes.
Hope, grief, tragedy and panic all work together in this film.

The Bad:
The ADR was terrible.
Some of the other actors weren't as amazing as Vincent Price.
I noticed a few editing/continuity errors.

Overall:
Cool flick! It reminded me a lot of Omega Man and it is the forefather of such film as 28 Days Later and Blade. Lots of fun, watch it.

No comments: