Sunday, August 19, 2007

Masters of Science Fiction: The Awakening (TV - 2007)



The Good:
I liked the actors, Terry O'Quinn, William B. Davis, and the second nod to Law & Order so far in this series, Elisabeth Rohm.
There was some interesting geo-political questions proposed in this episode.
The story arc was well-crafted.
Fascinating overtones to the plot, I wanted them explored a little to more to tell the truth, but it's only an hour show.

The Bad:
There were a few parts where I questioned the director's (or perhaps editor's) choice of editing.
The very beginning hooked me so well, I was a little disappointed it did not continue a bit longer.
Some unanswered questions.

Overall: Another decent showing for this series. I just hope it stays at least this good for the remainder of the season and will distinguish itself a little more from The Outer Limits style it is copying right now. I love The Outer Limits, but this show needs to stand on its own two feet eventually and I think it can given time.

No comments: