Monday, March 3, 2008

Devil's Highway (2005)



Why-O-why do I subject myself to these kinds of movies time after time? I think it's like a drug addict, I know it's bad for me, I really wanna quit, but I just keep coming back for more. About the film... The acting was bad, very very bad. The plot was sparse to say the least. ***Have to tell you this one part. There's this girl is on the bus (it takes place mostly on a bus). This guy asks her how old she is. She says 17 and like 3 people laugh, and so did I. Thing was, we laughed for different reasons, I laughed because I was thinking that the girl was at least 26, they laugh because they thought she was under 17. This is her. IMDB doesn't list her age but seriously look at her and this movie was made less than 2 years ago. Anyway...***The "horror" was vague to irrationally weird. Okay, but I can let all that go, seriously, I mean that describes a good 2/3 of the horror films ever made, but the sound editing. Oh my freaking god! It was so amazingly bad I almost turned the movie off countless times because of it. Some parts were WAY TOO LOUD-then immediately quiet-THEN TOO LOUD AGAIN. Some people would speak, but you would have no clue what they had said because it was too quiet, others would speak and it would be garbled. Bad editor, bad! I cannot in any way give this film a good review, avoid (then again most of you don't have my affliction of watching wretched horror). Sorry you read a review you already knew the outcome to :-)

No comments: