Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Lord of War (2005)



I hadn't heard very much about this film. I didn't expect a whole lot, Nick Cage is really hit or miss in my book. The director on the other hand wrote The Truman Show and wrote and directed Gattaca and though I would call neither one of the greatest movies of all time, I did enjoy them both.

The Good:

The opening credits sequence was very cool.
I liked the story in general, it wasn't complex or over-simplified, it was decent for a stroy for one that spans such a long time.
The harsh reality of many African nations was portrayed well in this film, I recommend watch this with The Constant Gardner & Hotel Rwanda to get the sad state of affairs much of Africa has been in in the recent past.
Good soundtrack.

The Bad:
No actor in the movie was particularly good in it.
It did seem a little slow in a few places.
It probably would have been better if it were a little longer (strange considering what I said above).

Overall:
I would give it a 65% Blow. Hehe.

No comments: