Monday, March 3, 2008

Find Me Guilty (2006)



I don't have the strange irrational hatred for Vin Diesel that I find in so many of my friends. I'm not sure why but I always give the guy a fair shot in each movie he does, in some I am let down like xXx but in some I am pleasantly surprised like The Chronicles of Riddick. Anyway...

The Good:
The movie was light-hearted without being a farce.
The music was used well in the film, it kept the movie moving and kept the proper feel for the picture.
Diesel played a wonderfully likably goon.
It is a nice break from the normal high tension-style courtroom drama that most people are accustomed to watching.

The Bad:
Sometimes it might feel a little light for a true story considering the subject matter, so if that bothers you keep away (also definately keep away from one of my favorite films Walker, which is a strange film that is based on a true story but uses anachronisms to make a point - highly recommended... I just wanted to recommend it really ).
Some of the testimony might be offensive to some people.
The cast was good but not great, sometimes the cast overdid it a little, but it fit with the feel of the film luckily.
Overall: I was surprised I liked it. It is not a masterpeice, it's not excellent, but it's not bad. It's... fun. It felt like an old black-and-white movie that had been redone with a grin. A Laura wrapped in Orange County, nothing awesome, but something to watch on a lazy afternoon.

No comments: