Monday, March 3, 2008

Urban Legends: Bloody Mary (2005)



Okay okay, before you even start with the "Oh my god, why did you even pick that up?" I know, I know. Sometimes I have to watch something that I fully expect to be terrible, just to become grounded in reality. And nothing brings you back down to earth like Urban Legends: Bloody Mary.

The Good:
Some of the cinematography was pretty cool.
The chick in the lead role reminded me of Laura San Giacomo, I guess that's good.
The lighting was adequate.

The Bad:
Oh where to begin...I know... the plot was extremely a big cliche from start to finish - sins of the father - Best done for the horror genre in A Nightmare on Elm Street.
The characters wished they were 2 dimensional. Jock (really dumb) dating the bitchy girl. Newspaper girl hated for a story she wrote. Stepfather/stepson conflict.
Not quite enough supernatural crap to make it a "ghost story".
Perhaps, no for sure, even worse than the Urban Legends that came before it.

Overall: Do not bother (I know yo wouldn't have anyway). Not even good enough to make fun of with friends. So terrible, I easily give this one 2 Fargos. **Btw, if you don't know already Fargo was the only Cohen Bros movie I disliked.**

No comments: